My Bright and Boho Minimalist Bedroom (+ Shop the Look)
When we moved into our new apartment, I knew I wanted the bedroom to feel like a bright and relaxing retreat while still including some boho elements that I love. Our bedroom is pretty tiny, so the lack of space forces us to be mindful and minimalist about what we put into it, leading to virtually no excess – a real oasis from life's everyday clutter.
I tried very hard to not overthink what goes into this room. There is not much on the walls – which are a shade of white. There are no mounds of excessive throw pillows – there's no where to store them anyway. The furniture is either white or earth toned – the sun shining in the window is the real star of the space.
My favorite pieces are definitely the bed frame and nightstand that bring a pop of personality into what could have been a very plain space. I love having eucalyptus, a candle, and a crystal or two on the nightstand, which further bring some calm into the bedroom. I do try to add some pops of color where I see fit – see: my pretty things on the dresser and pastel book bindings – but even with the color, the room still feels very zen.
Shop The Room
- Modern Bed – west elm
- Zoe Two Tiered Night Stand – Urban Outfitters
- Plum & Bow Tufted Dot Duvet – Urban Outfitters (similar)
- Pillows – Urban Outfitters (no longer available)
- Light Leaves Boob Planter – Group Planter
- Lamp – Target
- Rosamundi Candle – Diptyque
- White Hemnes Dresser – Ikea
- Round Brass Mirror – Target
- Jewelry Holder – Paper Source (no longer available)
- Acrylic Makeup Holder – Container Store
- Jewelry Dish – Urban Outfitters (no longer available)
- Maude Triangle Rug – Urban Outfitters
- Terracotta Planter – Anthropologie (similar)
- Moonrise Kingdom Cross Stitch – Etsy
- Surfing Sloths print – Urban Outfitters